If any information below has changed, please email corrections: editor ((at)) austinhams.org
10-meter Weekly Net
A new 10-meter net is being held every Sunday at 3:00pm Central Time on 28.410 MHz. KE5AL leads the net (Net Coordinator), but welcomes others who can be backup or be able to relay stations he cannot hear. Challenge yourself and get active on 10-meters. You never know when propagation may turn into a great DX contact!
Breakfast and Lunches: Corrected name of Wednesday lunch to “Ham Radio Brunch”
Other nets (added): Texas CW Traffic Net — Daily 7pm & 10pm, 3541 kH
IMPORTANT NOTE: Due to social distancing requirements during COVID-19, in-person meetings are either canceled or converted to online meetings. Please check with their respective organizers for changes. Some websites have updated information. If you receive an online meeting, please do not post meeting details on social media as trouble-makers have been joining meetings and causing havoc.
Breakfast and Lunches
- Ham Radio Breakfast — Saturday 8:00am-??? – Waterloo Ice House, 8600 Burnet Rd, Austin TX 78757
- Hambuds Breakfast — Saturday 8:00am. Veterans Memorial Park group pavilion, 2525 W New Hope Drive, Cedar Park TX and/or Gloria’s Cafe & Bakery, 1201 Lakeline Blvd Ste 900, Cedar Park TX. Coordination on repeater 146.840 MHz (- offset) tone 103.5 Hz
- Ham-burgers at Watt-a-burger — Thursday @ 12:00pm – 1:00pm – Whataburger (MOVED!) @ 1616 E Oltorf, Austin 78741 (146.940 / 107.2 for changeups)
- Temporary change during COVID-19 social-distancing: Now online at www.zoom.com. “Talk-in” is available on 146.940 / 107.2 for changeups.
Contact Gene at wa5ac [[at]] arrl.org for instructions on how to receive your free invitation to each meeting.
NOTE: Please do not post meeting details (i.e. passwords) on social media.
- Ham Radio Brunch – Wednesday 10:00-12:00PM – Jim’s @ 183 & Burnet Road (NW side, westbound)
- AARC — 1st Tue 7:00PM, Applied Research Lab, 10000 Burnet Rd, Austin TX (check News for possible location changes).
- AARC officers — 6:00PM – Applied Research Lab, 10000 Burnet Rd, Austin TX (1-hr before regular member meeting, unless otherwise specified)
- Lone Star Amateur Radio Association Monthly meeting — 2nd Tuesday of each month at 7:30, located at the WC Jester Annex, 1801 E Old Settlers Blvd, Round Rock. Talk in on 147.080 repeater / 100.0. http://www.lsara.org/
- TCARES — 4th Tue – 7:00PM- ARL Labs 10000 N. Burnet Road
- AQRP — No meetings are scheduled. Contact K5BCQ for information.
- Travis County REACT — 4th Mon 7:30PM- Dairy Queen at 8300 N Burnet Rd, Austin TX 78758 – http://traviscountyreact.org/
- WCARC (Williamson County) — 7:00pm on 1st Thurs @ Jester Annex – 1801 E. Old Settlers Blvd. Round Rock, TX https://wcarc.com/
- WCARES — 2nd Thur 7PM Jester Annex – 1801 E. Old Settler’s Blvd. http://www.wc-ares.org/
- Bastrop County — BCARC 2nd Sat 9AM (8AM for breakfast), El Nuevo Mexico, http://bcarc-hams.org/
- Bastrop County — BCARC breakfast Sat 7:30AM -Various locations, check 145.350 / 114.8 between 7:00 and 8 am for directions.
- CTDXCC — 3rd Tue 6:30PM-8:30pm at Baby Acapulco, 9505-B Stonelake Blvd, Austin. Please verify at https://www.ctdxcc.org/meetings/
- 1st Sat — Dallas Tx Jim Geer WB5LXZ firstname.lastname@example.org
- 2nd Sat — Ft Worth Tx Hardin’s on East Rosedale
- 3rd Sat — Mar/Jun/Sep/Dec Humble TEAC ARC- Hugh W5FM@arrl.net 145.43(-)
- TCARES — Weekly on Sunday 7:00PM 147.360 / 131.8
- TCARES Packet net — Weekly on Sunday 8:00PM 145.730 simplex, unconnected mode.
- WCARES — Weekly on Sunday 8PM 146.640 / 162.2, 145.450 / 162.2
- Guadalupe Co. ARES — 7PM 146.760
- Hays/Caldwell Co. ARES net — Tues 7:30PM, 147.050+ / 114.8
- Highland lake ARES — Weekly on Sunday HLARES 8:30PM 147.020 / 88.5
- State-wide ARES net — 3873kHz Mondays 7:30PM right after Tx Traffic Net Net
- AARC Elmer Net — Weekly on Saturday 7:00pm, 146.940 MHz (-) 107.2 Hz / All licensed operators invited to participate on-air to discuss any technical topics related to amateur radio. If you are not yet licensed, listen in and submit questions via email (address may change depending on who’s leading the net).
- AARC SwapNet — Weekly on Sunday 9:00pm, 146.940 MHz (-) 107.2 Hz / On-air participation is preferred to buy/sell/trade amateur radio equipment. See SwapNet for more info.
- AARC 10-meter Net — Weekly on Sunday 3:00pm, 28.410 MHz USB
- Lone Star Amateur Radio Association Weekly net — Tuesdays at 7:30 on the 147.080 repeater, tone 100hz. Except the for the meeting night when no net will be held.
- Oak Hill Amateur Radio Club (N5OAK) — Thursday 8:00pm, 147.320+/114.8 – Social net, open to any licensed radio operator
- Saltgrass — Weekly on Sunday 12/2PM 442.450
- TSSI/LSSN — 147.080/100.0 Mondays 8:00PM
Severe Weather and WX training nets
- Hurricane/Gulf — 14.325
- Travis Co. WXnet — 146.940, Severe net: 147.360 / 131.8
- Bastrop/Smithville — 443.750 / 114.8, 145.350 / 114.8
- Williamson Co — 146.640 / 162.2, 145.450 / 162.2 linked to 146.64, 147.080 / 100.0 usually reserved for only TSSI use during Severe Weather/chasing
- TSSI/LSSN — 147.080 / 100.0 Mondays 8:00PM
- Highland Lakes — 147.020 / 88.5
- Bell Co. WXnet: 146.820 / 123.0, 444.700 / 123.0, 147.140 / 123.0
- Lampasas area — Thurs 7PM CenTex Storm Spotters Training net ECHOLINK Node# 28821 and WX_TALK Node# 7203, SWLynx System, 145.330- / 162.2 & 444.875+ / 88.5, 146.720- / 88.5, 147.220 / 88.5, 145.330 / 162.2, 444.875 / 88.5
- Sattler/Canyon Lake — 147.140 / 179.9
- New Hams Net – Monday 8pm, 146.640 (-) 162.2 tone
- Texas CW Traffic Net — Daily 7pm & 10pm, 3541 kHz
- Texas Traffic Nets — (Daily) 7290, 7285, 3935, 3873, 147.10, 147.14 or 145.23
- Trader’s Nets — Fri 7:30PM 3870 kHz, Wed 7PM 3870, Sat 8AM 3890, 9AM 7275
- Trader’s Nets — Sun – 10 AM 7245 LSB – Sun 7:30 PM 3922
- Continental Trader’s Net — Sun 7:30PM 3922 LSB
- CW Practice Net (informal) — Tues @ 8:00pm, 7113kHz CW, KE5AL and/or KF5YMF
- CW Net — Thu @ 7:00pm, 7065kHz CW, KE5AL
Last update: 2020-11-24
Please note: We rely on readers, club officers and members to submit changes. If you know of changes, errors, omissions, or deletions needed, please email: editor ((at)) austinhams.org