Purpose: To provide college scholarships to high school seniors and to students currently enrolled in accredited four or two-year colleges who hold current Amateur Radio operator licenses.
- At the time of their application:
- be classified as a senior in a school accredited by the Texas Education Agency;
- reside, and have resided for at least one complete school year, in any county in the State of Texas;
- hold, and have held for at least 12 months, an Amateur Radio operators license issued by the Federal Communications Commission;
- be a U.S. citizen, or within three months of becoming a U.S. citizen;
- Maintain at least a regular membership in the ARRL during the term of the scholarship grant.
- Preferences will be given to high school applicants ranked in the top 5%-10% of their class.
Preferences will be given to high school applicants who can demonstrate regular Amateur Radio activity and/or community service involvement.